>From:
Jaco Jonker

To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxx
href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, May 07, 2001 6:35 PM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: AFL
Library

Tomasz,

Sorry to keep you waiting, but I had a hectic
trading day and Mondays are never not blue.

I am not an HTML or Java fundi and I usethe
hosting firm for initial design. I can handle the basic stuff, but more
complicated things like searches etc. are above my fields of
expertise.

Let's start at the beginning:

You would definitely know  a great deal more
about this than I do Tomasz and anyone is welcome to suggest and change as I
go along.

- The look and feel of the site I would
suggest must be the same as Amibroker.com ie: colors, logo's etc.
- We need to have a starting point as this
library would develop quickly into a much more sophisticated setup than I
initially anticipated.
- We have to identify the immediate needs and the
nice to have's for future development.

Current needs as I see it (and I will try to keep
the list as short as possible at this stage):

1. Listings of AFL's with a definite split
between Automatic Analysis and Indicators AFL's
    - All submissions must be in
full AFL format and no conversions will be done.
2. Each listing must be accompanied by afull
concise description with the following additional info:
    2.1 Original
Author
    2.2 AFL Author and e-mail
address
    2.3 AFL official name

    2.4 AFL short name if
applicable
    2.5 Main indicator drivers
(Ie: RSI, CCI etc.)
3. Listing Searches according to:
    3.1 Points 2.1 to 2.5
above
    3.2 Date
submitted
4. Files must direct downloadable and wemust
have a coding preview.
5. Membership allocation.
    5.1 Membership accessto
Amibroker (Initial)
6. Copyright held by the Original authorand that
whole story of any infringement or public use without the consent of the
Author.
7. Disclaimer etc.

Future development:

1. Backtesting of all systems on a standard
market.
2. Results driven search and report
functions.
3. Feedback and minor improvements to any
system.
4. Response per system by the users as to the
successes and problems experienced.
5. A reward program for the best AFL's submitted
over a certain time period.
6. Market research for the benefit of authors and
users.
7. Trading ideas and rules which will improve
trading in general.

There should be tons more to add, but the main
thing is to get this started and the members will guide us as to what is
important and what not.

I have full FTP capabilities.

Tomasz you need to shout if you wanna go
different about reaching the goals of this whole process. Please note that
although I am willing to manage this process, my time is a definite constraint
and if this grows bigger I might not be able to maintain your high
standards.

Regards.

Jaco Jonker

<BLOCKQUOTE