  To: <A title=realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="mailto:realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Sent: Saturday, September 15, 2001 4:24
  PM
  Subject: Re: [RT] show your colors/
  Oil
  AMEN....Up until 1 yr ago... I lived in Anchorage Alaska for
  27yrs. and itis taking this disaster to get the greenies to figure out the
  importance ofhaving domestic oil supply vs being so dependant on foreign
  oil.. It hasbeen a smart decision made my U.S. govt to import foreign oil
  while theprice of crude oil is was low priced and to save ours for a time
  when theprice would be high.  It is apparant that .. that time is
  possibly upon us.I can assure you that the pipeline does no harm to the
  environment... infact the grass and voilage around and under the pipeline
  flourishes from thewarmth... and the caribou migrate close to the pipeline
  because of thewarmth...  Alaskans during the last oil embargo use to
  have a saying towardthe people in the lower 48 who were anti Alaskan oil
  development..... "letthe bas----ds freeze in the dark".. well folks... it
  appears that.... thattime might be upon us if we can't get the politicians
  to understand theimportance of having ability to develop our natural
  resources and to havethe refineries to bring the product to the
  consumer.....----- Original Message -----From: "Gila Brock" <<A
  href="mailto:brock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>brock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>To:
  <<A
  href="mailto:realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent:
  Saturday, September 15, 2001 3:52 PMSubject: Re: [RT] show your colors/
  Oil> This article was written by Joseph Farah, an Arab-American
  journalist, not> an Israeli:>> The Wakeup
  Call>> Joseph Farah> September 13, 2001>>
  America got its long-awaited, long-anticipated and long-dreaded
  wakeupcall.>> The terror war came home in a big way Tuesday,
  Sept. 11.>> Everything has changed. Nothing will be the same,
  again.>> Just look at the impact the slaughter and destruction
  had on George W.Bush> and Colin Powell, for
  instance.>> For months, as Israel has faced, on a daily basis,
  similar terrorincidents> carried out by people living within its
  very borders, Bush and Powell have> told the Israelis over and over
  again: "Show restraint. Negotiate. Don'tuse> excessive force. Don't
  retaliate. Break the cycle of violence.">> Yet, within hours of
  the blitzkrieg attack on the World Trade Center and> Pentagon and the
  dramatic hijacking of four airliners, the Bush-Powelltune> had
  changed.>> There was no talk of restraint. There was no talk of
  negotiation. Therewas> no worry about excessive force. There was a
  promise of retaliation. Andwe,> as a nation, were assured that we
  would not lay down in hopes theattackers> would be satisfied with
  their blood toll.>> Bush, in fact, asserted he would hold any
  nation harboring the terrorists> accountable for their actions. Israel
  has been coaxed and bullied by the> U.S. to do precisely the
  opposite.>> Now the U.S. administration says it is outraged and
  is determined to> "punish" those responsible for "the attack on
  freedom.">> I'm glad to hear it. And, far be it for me to
  question the sudden good> judgment being shown in Washington. But it's
  illustrative of what I have> been saying for the last year. The U.S.
  has been asking Israel to maintain> an untenable course of inaction. In
  fact, Washington has helped to ensure> that terrorism would spread
  beyond the Middle East to the shores of theU.S.> through its shaky,
  equivocal, timid, impotent, weak, half-way measures in> the face of
  Israel's constant battle with terror.>> Does Bush really get it?
  Will he follow through on his own promise? Willhis> demands on
  Israel change? Does he plan to follow his own advice?>> Who
  knows? Time will tell. But Americans would do well to remember this>
  moment - to reflect on the pain, to recall this mourning. This is what>
  Israel has been enduring in its own less dramatic way - day after
  day,drip> after drip, explosion after bloody
  explosion.>> Let me go further. We hear many pundits and
  administration spokesmennaming> names - Sudan, Afghanistan, Iran,
  Iraq. Yet, I haven't heard a one of them> mention the home state of the
  chief suspect - Osama bin Laden.>> He's not an Afghani, by the
  way. He's a Saudi - and that's where hissupport> comes from. That's
  where his money comes from. That's his lifeline -> oil-rich, "moderate"
  Saudi Arabia.>> Is Washington prepared to issue ultimatums to
  Mecca? If not, why not?>> The answer, of course, is oil - which
  is why as a matter of national> strategic defense, America needs to do
  what is necessary to achieve energy> independence as quickly as
  possible. Wars do tend to get messy, you know.> And America has the
  natural resources to be independent of Mideast oil.>> To do so,
  however, we've got to decide as a nation whether we are more> scared of
  radical environmentalists or radical Muslims. That's the choice> before
  us.>> In a very real sense, we can look at the tens of thousands
  of casualtiesin> Tuesday's horror as casualties of the radical
  environmentalists, who have> persuaded Americans they would be better
  off dependent on foreign oil than> on marring the landscape or causing
  undue stress in the elk.>> It's time to get serious, folks. This
  is war. We don't fight wars with> people who control our vital natural
  resources. But we may have to fight a> war with the people supplying us
  with oil. What are we going to do about> that?>>
  Americans may be called to sacrifice. I think they're ready for such
  acall.> They watched the devastation on TV Tuesday. They will rise
  to theoccasion -> if their leaders in Washington ask them to do
  so.>> It's a time for sacrifices. That means even the elk in
  Alaska may need to> lose a few acres of real estate for the greater
  good - saving the lives of> Americans.>>>>
  ----- Original Message -----> From: Daniel Goncharoff <<A
  href="mailto:thegonch@xxxxxxxxxx";>thegonch@xxxxxxxxxx>> To:
  Sent: Saturday, September 15, 2001 4:39 PM> Subject: Re: [RT] show your
  colors/ Oil>>> > In the interest of helping people to
  know their enemy better, I want to> > express my opinion based on
  research over the last year that the main> > 'provocation' the US
  has committed against Islam is its continued> > presence in Saudi
  Arabia, which is seen as hallowed ground by Muslims.> >> >
  I take this from translations of speeches by Osama Bin Laden, which
  are> > much more available from European sources, eg the UK press,
  then they> > are from US sources.> >> > Many
  Americans are perhaps deceived by the focus in the US press on> >
  other Arab nations that are extremely vocal in their opposition to>
  > Israel and, accordingly, to its strong ally the US. Most of these>
  > governments are, in fact, supportive of the US due to our protection
  of> > Kuwait against Iraq, but they are not democracies, and
  therefore also> > allow anti-American feelings among their (mostly
  down-trodden) people to> > continue bubbling up, diverting attention
  from their own regimes.> >> > Regards> >
  DanG> >> >> > To unsubscribe from this group,
  send an email to:> > <A
  href="mailto:realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  subject to<A
  href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/";>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>
  group, send an email to:> <A
  href="mailto:realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>>>
  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to <A
  href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/";>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>------------------------
  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->FREE COLLEGE
  MONEYCLICK HERE to search600,000 scholarships!<A
  href="http://us.click.yahoo.com/47cccB/4m7CAA/ySSFAA/zMEolB/TM";>http://us.click.yahoo.com/47cccB/4m7CAA/ySSFAA/zMEolB/TM---------------------------------------------------------------------~->To
  unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<A
  href="mailto:realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Your
  use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to <A
  href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/";>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor