Re: [RT] Mark Brown & RT Rules

Norman:

I find hypocrisy to be a problem for some posters.  They say one thing, or
say they value one thing, and then do the opposite.  For example, saying you
loathe rudeness and value civil discourse and then using innuendo to smear
someone's reputation when they are not present to defend themselves is rude
and uncivil in my book.  Shall we also consider this premeditated and
malicious, since you had time to compose yourself?

I do find that astro-marketologists often confuse correlation with causation.
 Perhaps this led you to falsely assume some correlation between Mark Brown's
rejoining real-traders and the viruses without any real proof of causation.
Personally I find such thinking and confusion between correlation and
causation to be a flaw in the thinking of many less than successful traders
and analysts.

It would be very easy for you to be mad at me for such statements.  But, just
always remember not to take anything anyone says on a forum personally.  Your
internal integrity is all you need.  You don't need others to validate you or
your work.  It should stand up on its own two feet.

We all have different communication abilities and talents, let alone
psychological makeups and hang ups.  So just concentrate on the subject at
hand and don't let the intended or unintended bs get you down.  Laugh at it!
That is they philosophy I operate under.

A few years back there was this mad man on the usenet newsgroup
misc.invest.futures by the name of Floyd.  He scared the crud out of the
vendors and participants on the forum for his virulent language while
delivering some very important and thought provoking attacks on vendors and
about the forces of evil facing the retail trader.  Once the smoke cleared a
little, people started coming out of the woodwork to decry his language and
abusive tone.  No one commented on the message.

It was the message that was important, not the delivery style of it.  I wrote
about his message, looking beyond the appearance of madness, and found some
interesting truths that he was delivering.  People told me I was absolutely
crazy, but, errrrrr, now that I mentioned it maybe I am right.

I did a little research on Floyd and all the aliases he used and discovered a
50 year old graduate student at Ohio State University doing research on
alternative communication techniques.  I emailed the student and asked him if
he was Floyd.  He never replied, but Floyd was never heard from again.

The lesson is that the bad is always there to separate us.  Find the good in
things, even if it takes a little stretching. Stretching is a good thing that
keeps us open, healthy and alive.  Look beyond the messenger.

Regards,

John J. Lothian

Disclosure: Futures trading involves financial risk, lots of it!

In a message dated 5/21/01 7:44:38 PM Central Daylight Time,