Re: [RT] correlation vs causation

On Tuesday, May 22, 2001, 6:14:06 AM, Ketayun wrote:

K> I do find that astro-marketologists often confuse correlation with
K> causation.

Agreed.

K> I don't see why it matters which came first, the value of learning this
K> or any science is the ability to use the known to prepare for the
K> unknown.

True, but first I'd like to see some statistically significant
correlation. This has been asked for *many* times for *specific*
'predictions' mentioned on this list, but is still lacking. All we
ever get is a reference to some old work on a topic that has nothing
to do with the specific 'prediction' in an RT post. The only good
astro/stat work has been done by a non-astro person, and for the moon
only.

Once we have a significant correlation, I don't care if it's caused by
green extraterrestrials with 13 eyes [has to be a fibo, right?], I'll
use it too. :-)

ztrader