Re: FUTR: DTN Symbols Change Monday - CAUTION

I just pulled up my Globex page and took a look - fresh trades are coming in
this evening on my Globex symbol list: @ES8U, @SP8U, @US8U, @BP8U, @DM8U, @JY8U.

The above format is the conventional format - needed because there are both one
and two character futures symbols and the year digit separates the symbol from
the alpha month code.

I attempted to enter @ESU8 and @SPU8 and Ensign Windows does not accept them.
Could be the software, but I do wonder since quotes are coming in. Certainly I
will be watching the regular currencies first thing in the morning as they are
the first to open.

This sounds like far to big a change to be implemented without plenty of notice
and your post was the first I'd heard of this. I checked the DTN folders where
system notices and changes are stored and there is nothing on futures symbol
changes.

Earl