Re: End of Day Data Vendors

>I am trying to determine which data vendors is the best for End of Day
>Data.  I was hoping that I could get some feedback from members on the
>list on their thoughts and experiences.
>
>I am concerned with the following:
>
>- Data formats supported
>- Availability of updates (ie: how early can you get data each day)
>- Cleanliness of data and correction facilities
>- Ease of use
>- Quality of technical support
>- Market coverage (ie: how many exchanges and markets are available)
>- Historical data availability
>- Cost
>
>I have contacted the following companies for information:
>
>- Technical Tools
>- BMI
>- Pinnacle
>- Tick Data
>
>Are there any companies which I have omitted?  If so please let me
>know.  If you could direct your feedback to me, I would be most
>appreciative.  Thank you in advance.
>
>Andrew

Andrew I must recommend CSI Unfair Advantage, the only disadvantage is
that they only allocate you one download per day. They recently came
underfire by several clients because the internet is so jammed that the
service says you receive the data when in fact you don't. They are very
hard nosed about this so they sent out in their magazine an article
stating it was every ones fault but their own. I personally think their
server cant handle the growth they have experienced. Other than this one
thing they are a perfect data vendor.

PS I recently tried the Prophet  data on their 30 day trail and I
canceled via their automated cancel service. Three months later, I got a
bill for three months and in spite of repeated attempts to get this off
my credit card I have failed. They claim I didn't cancel via their
automated cancel service but I did. They promised they would take care
of it but they haven't. So I would be wary of them.