Re: TH Murrey

Mark,
Though his posts to RT were often strange and non sensical, I was still
drawn to his ideas  a bit.  I am still not completely sure why.
I thought that despite his eccentricity, he may have something of
value.  I specifically thought I may be able to use something of his to
refine my exits when daytrading SPoos.  I was and am not looking for a
complete system, just maybe a morsel of an idea to use.
I visited his website, sent him a couple private e-mails, read his
articles, and ordered his book.  The e-mail replies made no sense to me,
so I began with the book.  It is a struggle for me.  It is very poorly
organized and the writing style and grammar is so bad it truly is
difficult to grasp what he is trying to say.  For some unknown reason,
no matter how much this frustrated me, I was able to grasp just enough
to want more.
So I sent another e-mail to ask for daily e-mails on his analysis of the
markets so I could try to follow his thinking.  After a month of truly
weird responses from him via 4 different e-mail addresses, he finally
gave me the cost and I sent a check for these daily lessons, but the
check was returned 2 weeks later.  Then he began sending the lessons
anyway.

I have been getting them for about 2 weeks now, and I am not really
getting any clearer and I am getting more discouraged.  He mostly
comments on what has happened not what will.  He is prone to extreme
hyperbole and gets off on tangents very often.  Also the methodology as
he practices it is sooo subjective that I am getting very little from
it.  He is very selective (at least on the e-mail lessons) about what
markets to analyze that day.  He seems to pick different charts out of
the blue just when they fit his methods well.  That concerns me.
He speaks of master traders whom he has taught and he is setting up some
type of trading company I think, so obviously some people are getting
it, but again it is really difficult for me to get a take on him.
I know you asked for no insults, etc. and I am not trying to at all.
However, I am very close to giving up since I am really unable to get on
the same wavelength (or planet) that he is on.  I am not trying to
insult him, but I am also not exaggerating his style either.
All that said, I still think there are ideas of some value there.  If
you can grasp them , it might be helpful for you.

Good Luck,
Eric