Re: off topic - install directory for apps

jon,

Mine has been running like that for a couple of years.  XP boot in C:
E: has programs and even a couple in root of E: not in the Program Files folder.
I've never had any problems with it.  Doesn't matter how big Office
gets as long as you have room on the drive.

Best regards,
  Jimmy Snowden
mailto:jhsnowden@xxxxxxx

j> Have been assemling my first 'built' computer. Using Xp, made an 8gig
j> partition for XP & C:\ only.

j> Started loading applications onto E:\  Now, without everything loaded,
j> I've been told that this could cause problems, especially with
j> upgrades etc later on.

j> Have I run a muck, or is this ok ?

j> One of the apps is an Aus charting program which has a typical install
j> of alphabetic folders within its app folder for data (inc. ticks),
j> which gets quite big. So I thought; best out of the C:\ partition.

j> Also, late at night, I loaded Office97 straight off E:\ (should have
j> at least gone to E:\Programs folder\). While this is currently running
j> well, will it become a problem ?

j> Thanks

Outgoing mail scanned by Norton