Re: another off topic - no antivirus on backtesting machine ?

Jon... I had been using McAfee VirusScan for a quite some time, and was
happy with it. Recently I bought a new laptop with Norton antivirus
installed. I figured "what the heck", I might as well use/try it until the
free subscription period runs out. My observation -- Norton is slower
scanning incoming files, even on my new, faster laptop ...but it is MUCH
slower scanning files in outbound email. It was so painful, I had to turn
the outbound scanning feature off. I thought I would die of old age before
it could scan/send a medium/large attachment (500 KB, or so).
Don't know if this is everyone's experience, or if my configuration/settings
could have been optimized better, but it sure made an un-believer out of me
;-)