Connection via Cell phone vs. PCM card

Hello all,

Was just wondering if anyone can confirm (or point me too some information
related too) that connecting to a wireless ISP via a cell phone USB
connection is not as good as having a PCM card directly connected to your
laptop......?

I'm new to this area of connectivity.

Specifically, I am using Verizon Express Network via my Motorola v120e phone
and was thinking about upgrading to the AirPrime PC 5220 pcm card.

Verizon tech support said there would be NO difference between connection
speeds. However, I spoke to someone who made an argument about the BAUD
being limited via the USB port....???!!! I'm not certain what relevance that
has and am looking for any confirmation.

Any info would be great.....

Thanks

JTraDer421