Re[2]: Something very distrubing

hcarvas,

Not a problem for me.  When a man's pocketbook is attacked he often
reacts in a panic.  Most of us have been there so that is why you
posted to the Omega list isn't it?

Best regards,
  Jimmy Snowden
mailto:jhsnowden@xxxxxxx

h> I sincerely apologize to Ernie and every body in this mailing list for
h> incorrectly relating the adware issue on my computer to Ernie's
h> message.  It was coincidental.

h> It took me many hours trying clean pieces of adware in my computer.  The
h> internet security  incident was a lesson and wake-up call for me, and I
h> hope, for many out there who have not taken the advice of veteran
h> contributors (e.g., Jimmy, Alex, Mark).  If you are interested in
h> reading omega list back issues on internet security, here is the search
h> engine: http://www.purebytes.com/cgi-local/swish/swish-cgi.pl

h> hc
h> --------------

h> List Maintainer wrote:

>>On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at  1:31:30AM -0500, hcarvas wrote:
>>

>>>It's not virsus or worm of some kind.  It's the most aggressive
>>>adware I have ever seen.  When I read your message, that is when it
>>>all happened.  Is it coincidental?  I don't know.
>>>

>>This sounds like a popup of some sort that came into your browser
>>completely independantly of the email you happened to be reading.
>>
>>Your plan to switch to a more robust platform sounds wise.
>>
>>Jim

Outgoing mail scanned by Norton