From: "Chris Cheatham" <nchrisc@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Omega List" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2004 10:46 AM
Subject: wav maker

Anyone know of an easy way to make wav sound files? What I am trying to do
is to make some basic tone files to use in ts7 for voice alerts...for
instance have a higher tone for an uptick and a lower one for a downtick.
Seems that there are  lots of ways to make an actual file, but I don't

have

a source file...so something that is a computer musical instrument would

be

ideal. Or a web source for wav files would be great too.

Thanks,
Chris

You might try:  http://www.research.att.com/projects/tts/demo.html
It's interesting. You type in the words to be "spoken", select from a
variety of voices and languages, then can play it or save the wav file
to disk.  Might be just what you need if only need a small number of files.

Best,
Bill