Re: TS2000i producing too many error messages

John,

CALL THIS A TS2KI FIX IT GUIDE.

When I get RPC server is unavailable I reboot.
Token file missing - Try verifying all your systems and indicators
using the Power Editor before you open any workspaces.

Mysterious crashes during the day.  Open an old backup of your workspaces.
They can be backed up by using File-save
as-myfavoriteworkspacebackup.orw or use Windows explorer and just copy
it to a new name in the MyWork folder under Omega Research folder.

Import/Export of data problems.  Go to your personal Documents and
settings folder then Local Settings then Temp folder and delete all
the temp files with TS2ki turned off and better yet right after a
reboot.

Make a copy of your PDS folder every night to keep your data safe.  If
you get corrupted during the day and the GS wants to reindex just
rename the PDS folder PDS corrupt and restart the computer and then
the GS and it will make a new PDS folder and collect your data for the
day.  If it is very early in the day just rename the PDS then rename
your PDS copy to PDS and reboot and open the GS and it will have your
backup data ready for you.

If nothing else works and the program has features broken then backup
the whole Omega Research folder (easier to do it all as all the size
is probably in your data files) then just simply reinstall TS2ki
right on top of that instillation.  Have no fear it will not hurt the
data or systems.  If yet that does not work then get brave and backup
up the Omega Research folder then uninstall Tradestation 2000i.  Then
go into the registry and delete the Omega Research Folder under
software.  I use F3 to find Omega Research or Omega and just delete
any folder that has to do with it.  Then put your backup of Omega
Research back in the place right were it was then install TS2ki
right back on top of it.

Save this email you might need it.

Jimmy

j> I'm running TS2000i under Windows 20000.  In the past three days I've been
j> getting error messages accompanied by various problems and high cpu usage.
j> I'd like to know if anyone can connect these messages to a solution, a
j> corrupted file that can be replaced, or anything that's relevant.

j> Here are the ones I made note of:

j> I/O error    Cannot open master file
j> The RPC server is unavailable
j> A token file is missing....then Catastrophic failure
j> Omega Research Platform...failed to launch server applications (chart
j> windows stayed blank when I tried to open charting)
j> The RPC server is unavailable
j> Quote page working...catastrophic failure.

j> These messages have occured either when I was opening up charting or just in
j> the middle of the market day for no obvious reason.  I've also noticed that
j> too often the cpu usage is very high, and I have to close down charting  and
j> restart it to fix that(at least until the next occurance).  I've fixed most
j> of these problems by closing and restarting charting.

j> The problems are continuing and the high cpu usage seems to be a red flag.
j> I'm open to any suggestions other then reformatting my hard drive and
j> spending the next 3 days reinstalling all my programs.  I think reinstalling
j> Windows 2000 is out for the same reason, especially since I don't think the
j> problem is related to that.

j> John

--
Best regards,