Re: TS2000i producing too many error messages

Hello jbclem,
  I  don't  have  specific  answers  for  you  but  when I had similar
  problems  a  reboot  generally cleared them until the next time.  If
  you  have  corrupted  a  workspace however, you may need to redo the
  workspace  from scratch.  One last point, I found that the liklyhood
  of  problems greatly decrease by not running the tracking center, it
  is a real memory hog.  Also the fewer symbols you can get along with
  in Radar Screen, the less likily you are to have problems.

j> I'm running TS2000i under Windows 20000.  In the past three days I've been
j> getting error messages accompanied by various problems and high cpu usage.
j> I'd like to know if anyone can connect these messages to a solution, a
j> corrupted file that can be replaced, or anything that's relevant.

j> Here are the ones I made note of:

j> I/O error    Cannot open master file
j> The RPC server is unavailable
j> A token file is missing....then Catastrophic failure
j> Omega Research Platform...failed to launch server applications (chart
j> windows stayed blank when I tried to open charting)
j> The RPC server is unavailable
j> Quote page working...catastrophic failure.

j> These messages have occured either when I was opening up charting or just in
j> the middle of the market day for no obvious reason.  I've also noticed that
j> too often the cpu usage is very high, and I have to close down charting  and
j> restart it to fix that(at least until the next occurance).  I've fixed most
j> of these problems by closing and restarting charting.

j> The problems are continuing and the high cpu usage seems to be a red flag.
j> I'm open to any suggestions other then reformatting my hard drive and
j> spending the next 3 days reinstalling all my programs.  I think reinstalling
j> Windows 2000 is out for the same reason, especially since I don't think the
j> problem is related to that.

j> John

--
Best regards,