RE: quiet cpu fan (extreme)

Mark,
The Pabst (also German) fans have quite a good reputation. Here's one:
http://www.directron.com/papst8cm.html
That runs at 12db at 1500 rpm's, and clocks in at 19.4CFM. It doesn't have
the high end performance you cite above, but seems comparable at the
low-end. So, if you plan on running it at low RPM's anyway, something like
this might work out fine?

I bought this Vantec fan, which does 27CFM, at 2050 RPM and 21db.
http://www.directron.com/sf8025l.html

Neither of these choices match the high end performance of the fan you
mention above, but further down the rpm and CFM rating scale they appear
competitive.