On Demand Server and Uniserver

>> I tried this product out for myself last week. I could get tick and 1 minute data to work in the demo, but for some reason only 1
>bar of daily data. Don't know why and didn't try to find out. I also found that there were unaccustomed delays of about 5 seconds
>when going to Format Symbol, and maybe the charts weren't as
>
>Of course, since eSignal doesn't provide information like symbol's session times, session dates, pioint value, min. movement etc,
>these information is taken from GlobalServer's symbol dictionary and Exchange list. As you may know, the work with MS Access
>database (TS uses this database for Symbol dictionary and Exchange list) is very slow (in comparation with f.e. trade data
>GlobalServer's database) - that's the reason.
>When you are typing the symbol, f.e. ES, OnDemand Server searches all entries of this symbol in Symbol dictionary and shows the list
>in New chart window, then, when you are selecting symbol TradeStation asks Ods fro ymbol's information like sessions, point values
>etc.

Thanks for the information - it helps to know why there would be a delay.

I just wanted to let people know that you can use TS Support's Uniserver to patch holes in the current day. I just brought up an RT chart that was only updated to last Friday. As the new ticks started to come in from to the Global Server, I had a hole of several days, including the early hours of today. I went to download the missing data from eSignal with UniServer, and a minute or two later, the hole was filled in, including today's.

No more waiting for the close to fill in today's holes! That's a tremendous improvement over HistoryBank. I think Uniserver deserves your attention if you are on TS2000i with eSignal.
Find it at http://www.traders-soft.com/. No affiliation.

Mike Gossland