off topic: well, another rumor, about house market shakeout...

this time the rumor is that US house market
is nearing a shakeout.
one shake out down, another one to go.
my RE sources are telling me that the luxury housing
market is grossly overheated all around the country
and is about to correct, especially higher prices
( expensive ) housing. the rational is  that the
expensive homes are speculative investment
and as the owners
will try to take profits towards the end of the trend
the crash is imminent.

i kinda feel it myself and you might start hearing
it on CNBC more often.
could anyone with RE connections please confirm
that you there is talk going on around...

if that's the case then selling the overprice house now
and buying back similar house later might be
the best buy of the decade???

certainly sounds and feels like that buying a house now
is tempting with low interest rates but what if it
collapses and rate goes even lower???
bilo.
ps. luxury housing ( whateverfront ) went up to 100-150 %
in the past 2-3 years... houses that were worth
1-2 mil 2-3 years ago are now up to 5-6 mil.
waterfront luxury condos that were worth 1/4 mil
then are now more than 1/2 to a mil...
although those are price setters but feels like
reversion to the mean is a must here as those
investment have to be turned into hard cash.