Re: off topic: well, another rumor, about house market shakeout...

Bilo,

A very astute trader/astrologer I know from another group picked Aug as a
likely top for real estate.  Apt Reits topped in Aug, despite chugging
higher for most of the last couple of years, as did freddie and fannie.
Also, my Agency note/treasury spread chart broke a couple of year
uptrendline the last few days too. We'll see.  I have a 16 year reit cycle
that is next due to bottom in the fall of 06 (after 74 and 90)... so we're
late in the game.  My mid-range homebuilder friends here in TX are still in
the "sell em as fast as they build em phase", but I suspect high end is
different.

When I was in the real estate biz, I developed a theory that no developer
that built high rise condos in places like Dallas or LA ever made any money
on them...maybe the guy who bought it from the bank (after foreclosure)
did...and here in Dallas there are a  lot  of new high rise projects around.
That time of the season I guess.

People I know who retired on their stock market winnings a couple of years
ago are now selling their luxury homes and downsizing, oh, and getting jobs
too.

Personally I think the late fall mutual fund shakeout is going to be a much
bigger problem for this year than RE.  Next year may be a different story.

Chris