Re: TS Pro not updating all windows synchronously

FWIW, I run TS2Ki on a Dell Precision 420 dual processor M/c under NT4.
Whilst, I get a number of oddities - as do the rest of the list, the system
is inherently stable. I prefer the dual processor option, insofar as one has
a highly responsive machine, with substantial reserves of power.

On a cautionary note, I purchased 1 CPU at the outset, with the thought of
buying a second processor later on. I forget the exact prices, but broadly
speaking Dell wanted an extra 200 GBP for the additional processor when I
purchased the machine. When I came to buy a second processor from Dell, they
wanted 600GBP - in other words trying to encourage me to purchase a new
machine.

I got all sorts of tales of woe from Dell regarding what would happen if I
were to buy an additional CPU from Intel. (The Intel one comes with a built
in fan, whilst the Dell one has a huge and I mean huge heatsink). Anyway to
cut a long story short, I purchased a fan cooled CPU from a local vendor
plugged it in(connecting the fan direct to the power supply) and modified
the hardware abstraction Layer. (I was told by Dell to use the COMPAQ HAL -
you should definately not do this!(the machine won't boot with it loaded).

I shall not be buying another Dell machine. Whilst I think that HP are
probably the best engineered that I've looked at, my latest machine was
built from separate bits e.g. dual processor motherboard, etc etc. It works
a treat. It doesn't have a smart label, has a number of guarantees rather
than 1. I rely on me for support. But it's cheaper than a new Dell or HP and
runs like lightning. It was a significant saving, for a few hours work.

Incidentally, when I had a problem with the Dell, their response was that I
should talk to the individual manufacturer.