Re: Trading Systems

While we're on this subject, I'm a new member on this list, and one who has
gravitated from a daytrading mentality to a systems "swing" approach in
order to more rigurously and scientifically backtest all the "descretions"
that I've collected these years.

Long story short: My success as a daytrader was greatly enhanced by not
having to "reinvent the wheel". I got involved with a great many daytraders
who were willing to add to my initial knowledge base, and who now claim
(with all due modesty) that I was able to substantially add back to the
accumulated database.

In this same vein, I have observed quite a few very experienced and
intelligent systems users/designers in this list.

May I be so bold as to solicit perhaps some direct responses to this email
to better point me to what you as individuals and/or as a group have found
to be the more successful approaches/philosophies?

I've already devoured several systems texts, including "The Ultimate Trading
Guide" by the Futures Truth authors, which I've found very enlightening.

With all respect and many thanks.

Gene