Re: INTC/NDX

<x-flowed>
>From: editorial@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>To: "Bill Wynne" <tradewynne@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>CC: Omega List <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: INTC/NDX
>Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 14:06:07 -0400 (EDT)
>

>Bill,
>
>That's a good question...
>
>I think that the key point to remember is that insiders (officers,
>directors,...) are not restricted in their trading.  They simply must
>report their transactions.

Of course, but must they report their futures transactions? My other thought
is about the quasi insiders that know about the announcement before the
close also. To me it's clear someone big knew about INTC, and took full
advantage in the NDX futures. And I've seen this before with MSFT
announcements and others as well.

>In fact, there's a whole school of market analysis, as you know, which
>focuses on making the same trades the insiders do...

You betcha.

>All the best,
>
>OM

Thanks,

BW

---- you wrote:

> > I'm curious what the laws are concerning insider trading and stock
> > I was watching the NASDAQ futures tick for tick yesterday around 3:50PM
> > Eastern and it was clear that some "big dog" was doing some heavy
>selling
> > there and into the close. Given the INTC announcement after the close it
> > makes me wonder: are INTC, and other insiders, restricted in any way
>from
> > trading the NASDAQ futures? It seems the major components of the indices
> > could use the futures as a surrogate for insider trading.
> >
> > No sour grapes here, I've been a bear, but I'm curious.
> >

> > Bill Wynne
> >
> > Bill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

</x-flowed>