Re: INTC/NDX

Yup it's a giant loophole alright and I don't see any answer short of
prohibiting insiders from ALL trading before news. Insiders at the
bellwether companies will always be able to find some stock or
derivative, other than their own stock, that's highly correlated and
will move on the news.

Even if they banned the insiders, the footprints left by third-party
co-conspirators would be faint at best. If I had bought a zillion INTC
puts yesterday, somebody might ask why. But, if I sold a truckload of
Naz futures and didn't have any relationship with INTC, it could have
been for any number of reasons and wouldn't sound any alarm bells.

--
  Dennis