Re: INTC/NDX

there is also a distinction of non-insiders trading on inside
information.
however the rules are that trading with knowledge of materially
affecting information which has not been dissimated is illegal.

for example a executive might see softening in sales and been selling
insider stock legally as long as he register it under rule144, however
if the company will be issuing a major news announcement such as an
earnings shortfall and he sells or discloses to other persons that
a material news is coming then all parties are covered under the insider
rules. in essence is illegal to run ahead of the order.

i wouldn't bet any money against the sec on it-i'm sure they are looking
at every trade that took place not just yesterday but a few days back
also. Nasdaq and the NYSE also
run "stockwatch" depts constantly looking for suspicious activities. I
don't know what they do in chicago, but i would assume that they
have their own watchdog unit.

tv