Re: INTC/NDX

What is "Insider Trading?"
"Insider trading" refers generally to buying or selling a security, in
breach of a fiduciary duty or other relationship of trust and
confidence, while in possession of material, nonpublic information about
the security. Insider trading violations may also include "tipping" such
information, securities trading by the person "tipped" and securities
trading by those who misappropriate such information. Examples of
insider trading cases that have been brought by the Commission are cases
against: corporate officers, directors, and employees who traded the
corporation's securities after learning of significant, confidential
corporate developments; friends, business associates, family members,
and other "tippees" of such officers, directors, and employees, who
traded the securities after receiving such information; employees of
law, banking, brokerage and printing firms who were given such
information in order to provide services to the corporation whose
securities they traded; government employees who learned of such
information because of their employment by the government; and other
persons who misappropriated, and took advantage of, confidential
information from their employers.
Because insider trading undermines investor confidence in the fairness
and integrity of the securities markets, the Commission has treated the
detection and prosecution of insider trading violations as one of its
enforcement priorities.

the above is right from the sec site.

the key words are MATERIAL NONPUBLIC INFORMATION

tv