RE: DBC Microsoft Mentality

I like Tradergirl, a right fiesty young lady.  And how does anyone know what
she's got of value to trade.  Pretty presumptious to assume she's asking for
something for nothing.  And to compare MSFT to the mafia.  Wow there's an
analogy that escaped me.  I use MSFT software because it is better.  MSFT
has improved my computer life trememdously.  I dont mind that they developed
superior software based in part on the ideas of others.  Whats wrong with
that.  Stolen??  Get real, if anything was stolen MSFT would have been
prosecuted and sued and would now be bankrupt.  MSFT is still around and Im
still buying thier software.  Netscape???  Real Audio???  Is this comment
from a stockholder in those cos.  I used Netscape in several versions and
erased it.  Explorer is better.  I do use Real Audio.  It works in places
where MS Media player doesnt.  But Real Audio aint any better.  I could care
less if Real goes down the tubes if MSFT's new player works better.  I want
better software and as a consumer with no loyalty whatsoever I will buy the
best no matter who makes it.  So far MSFT makes the best of most of the
software I use.
And MSFT should get thiers.  Oh I see, it is good that the US Govt attacks
this country's major companies at the behest of competitors.  Personally it
makes me sick to see our Justice Dept representing Netscape and other
whiners who cant make better software and attacking a company what holds
what could only be at most a temporary monopoly that they busted thier butts
to get.  In the new economy you have to let entrepreneurs get what they can
get fast cause ideas and knowledge are not a durable as railroad tracks and
manufacturing plants.  If you like the Govt directly interfering in the
private business economy I suggest you move to Russia.  In this country if a
company actually commits a compensible wrong, the injured party can sue in
civil court.  IF they have a case.  So if Netscape or Sun or anybody else
had a gripe they should have sued instead of whining to the Justice Dept.
Just my opinions
Bill Wood