Re: Normal Operation for BMI/cable receiver???

On Wed, 25 Aug 1999 17:09:43 -0700, you wrote:

>3.  Later, after more offline converting, etc., I rebooted my computer with
>the BMI box still up and running.  As the desktop came up (Win NT 4, SP5),
>the cursor behaved strangely, moving in a very jerky fashion and often
>jumping around the screen without my touching the mouse.  Also, pop-up menus
>would occasionally appear spontaneously, selection rectangles would appear,
>etc. etc.

This is actually a NT 4.0 problem.  It is seeing the Box as a serial
device that needs a driver.  I solved the problem with the help of
Dell tech support by forcing it to not try and load the drivers.
Until then you can dis-connect the box from the serial port during
boot-up and then re-connect afterwords.

If you cannot get NT 4.0 technical help.  Email me direct and I can
try and look at what they did to my machine.

Fred

"Success is the only test of genius" -R.Adm Daniel Gallery 1901-1977