RE: Normal Operation for BMI/cable receiver???

Do you mind giving some more detail?

-----Original Message-----
From: Fred [mailto:srqblue@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 1999 5:49 PM
To: Carroll Slemaker
Cc: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Normal Operation for BMI/cable receiver???

On Wed, 25 Aug 1999 17:09:43 -0700, you wrote:

>3.  Later, after more offline converting, etc., I rebooted
my computer with
>the BMI box still up and running.  As the desktop came up
(Win NT 4, SP5),
>the cursor behaved strangely, moving in a very jerky
fashion and often
>jumping around the screen without my touching the mouse.
Also, pop-up menus
>would occasionally appear spontaneously, selection
rectangles would appear,
>etc. etc.

This is actually a NT 4.0 problem.  It is seeing the Box as
a serial
device that needs a driver.  I solved the problem with the
help of
Dell tech support by forcing it to not try and load the
drivers.
Until then you can dis-connect the box from the serial port
during
boot-up and then re-connect afterwords.

If you cannot get NT 4.0 technical help.  Email me direct
and I can
try and look at what they did to my machine.

Fred

"Success is the only test of genius" -R.Adm Daniel Gallery
1901-1977