the right band. It should be solid once it does this. Apparently yours is
not. You also should be able to see that this behavior is underway from
looking at the LCD.

#2 rarely happens for me. My server usually picks up the date right away.

In regards to #3 in your list, this is a behavior that I have had, although
it has mostly been on Win95 due to "Plug and Pray". The problem for me was
Windows detecting a mouse where my BMI signal was coming through the com
port. The solution: disconnect the serial port into the computer. Boot up.
After Windows comes up, reconnect the BMI signal to the serial port. It
doesn't happen very often for me with Win98, and different computers are
more/ less susceptible to this kind of baloney from my past experience.

Than again, it could be something totally different.

In regards to #4, you may have a bad box on your hands. But I'm no expert.

Patrick White