Re: eSignal by DBC for TS 2000i?

For the last three weeks or so, TS2Ki seems to be working more or less as
advertised for me on an NT 4 SP 5 PC with an AMD K6-400 CPU and 256 MB of
RAM.  The key change that seemed to finally get everything running more or
less solidly (I've been up a whole week without a crash, whereas before  I
could expect to crash at least once every other day) -- was to turn off all
the server related services in Control Panel, Networking.  I'm not trying
anything too fancy at the moment -- no custom indicators or systems, no
effort to use EasyLanguage constructs, just the canned indicators that come
with the system.   I'm using TS2Ki in conjunction with eSignal's charting
because the latter is quicker to get up a rough daily and 5 minute chart
for a new symbol.  TS2Ki then gives me the nice charts and multiple
indicators that I use when I'm actually ready to consider trading a
symbol.  I'm following stocks and stock options only, no futures or
indices.   I display the following indices not to trade them, but to get an
idea of what to expect for my portfolio over the next fiew minutes or days:
SPY $DJX  $TRAN, QQQ $TYX $XOI   They all display, but there doesn't appear
to be historical data for them on Historybank.com.    During the trading
day, I typically have 30 workspaces open with 3 charts in each workspace
except one which has 5 quote windows with a total of about 50 symbols and
an event tracking center window.   Each of the other workspaces has three
charts for a single symbol.  There is a weekly, a daily, and a 4 or 10
minute chart.  Each chart has from 3 to 6 indicators distributed among 4
graphs.   The 4 or 10 minute chart has an index graph hidden on it which I
use to construct a spread indicator to tell me how the symbol is doing
relative to the relevant index (SPY for NYSE and AMEX stocks or QQQ for
NASDAQ stocks).  In addition to the indicators, I have 2 to 4 horizontal
lines and trendlines cluttering up most of the 4 or 10 minute charts and
some of the daily charts.

In addition to TradeStation, GlobalServer, Datamanager, and eSignal, I
typically have Eudora Pro 4.2 email, InternetExplorer 5.01 (2-4 browser
sessions), an Excel spreadsheet and a Lotus 123 spreadsheet running.

Esignal's datafeed seems to be reasonably solid.  I've had maybe 3
incidents of the feed going out (while my Cable modem service was still
working) over the past 3 months.  Each time, the problem was fixed by the
time I got through the queue on dbc's 800 line.  They like to play CNBC's
audio to you for a half hour or so before answering the phone.  As far as
the accuracy of the data goes, I see the occasional mysterious spike in the
charts, but I'm guessing that the down spikes at least might be caused by
options related purchases -- and maybe the upward spikes are caused by the
Nasdaq market makers screwing around with market orders :)   I'm using
@Home from my local Rogers cable service.  It typically goes out for half
an hour or so a week.   During those times, I sometimes fire up my other PC
and connect to my old modem based local ISP, then run eSignal only on that
PC.   Depending on the size of the gap in the data on my main PC, I may
fill in from Historybank.com in the evening.

Ironically, my impetus for turning off the server services was to try to
secure my system.  Getting TS2Ki working more solidly was a serendipitous
byproduct.  I found that while I had the server services running, I could
turn off sharing on my drives and printer only to find that the next time I
rebooted, they came up as shared again.  Now that i've turned off the
server services, the option to share the drives doesn't come up.  -uf