RE: TS2K - works

On Wed, 14 Jul 1999, Gary Fritz wrote:

> People in tech support (for ANY computer product) should be computer
> literate and very good at problem solving.  For a specialized product
> like TS they should also have at least rudimentary experience with
> trading.  Without that basic understanding of the fundamentals, they
> can do little more than act as "answering machines" -- write down the
> problem and try to go find someone who knows the product, and hope
> they didn't garble the message in the process.

This is one of my pet peeves. Whenever I have called Omega support, the
person has had to go away to find someone who might know the answer. The
message relay process is *very* poor, since the answerer usually did not
understand the problem. In one case there were several interchanges, and
progress was so slow I asked to speak directly to the person who the tech
was getting info from. The answer: NO, I could not speak to someone who
had a bit of knowledge.

Not good...

Larry