Re: Here's why Mark is mad at S&C!

  • To: John Sweeney S&amp;C <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Here's why Mark is mad at S&C!
  • From: Timothy Morge <tmorge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 13:03:52 -0400 (EDT)

John:

I'm not singling you out--your email post here just happened
to be the latest example posted...Let me ask a question of
you and the other people that post and read the list:

There have been many posts to this list recently that at
least on the surface appear to be posting emails they
recieved *privately* and then posting a *public* reply to
the emails. Another recent example of this would be the back
and forth email/postings between Robyn G. and the owner of
CSI and the dispute over payment by check for services
rendered.

Why are people posting and quoting these personal emails to
this list? I anticipate that the most common response will
be as a form of retaliation, as in, 'He started it! I am
only protecting my own name or getting my side told!'

But does anyone here really think this makes sense? When I
write someone a private email, I expect it to remain
private, unless they ask permission to post a portion of it
to a newsgroup. Period. No exceptions. Retaliation or
'getting my side heard' would not be a valid excuse in my
opinion, and even if I felt I had been wronged, I would not
post someone elses private email to me on a public forum
without their permission.

Am I the only person that values privacy and respects other
people's privacy? I even respect the privacy of the people I
disagree [strongly] with.

Tim Morge