glimmer of hope II

(evidently an outgrowth of the "confidential memo" issue to avoid
returns)until I had some good reason to do so.  That is, even though THEY
were calling ME on THEIR nickel, if the system is an irretrievable pig,
what's the point?

Well, I'm seeing progress.  Not only do I get called at the agreed-upon
time, then when I've gotten enough fixed to continue (until the next crash),
we set a follow-up a day or so later.  This afternoon (4th call) feels like
progress.  Not solution, but progress.

FYI, I've found that even though many of the OPEN file dialog&icons give you
W98-style, anywhere in the directory tree location choices, I get 100%
certain crashes if my workspaces (*.orw) are drawn from any other directory
than C:\programfiles\omegaresearch.  Discovered this by saving my old
workspaces to non-omega subdirectory (for safety) prior to reinstallation
(read that re-re-reinstall) of SP2.  When access any old w/s, lockup.  Not
too neat, but on my system (400 P II/256) its a fact. Sounds like inept
"path=%" programming.  Maybe other instability has similar causes.  I put
the very same "WorkSpaceOld" directory in \omegaresearch it works just fine,
right along with the new "WorkSpace" directory.

Also the SP2 G/S fix to allow selective symbols to receive real time data
(ie, symbol portfolio tab; edit;select;connect) has a bug so that on
install, none of the default symbols (60 in my install)will connect.
Work-around? "Select all;delete all;insert symbol;select all;connect all").
This may well be the same as the "select all;export;delete all;import"
sequence now proscribed for existing data.

I haven't added up the phone bills incurred before I got the Save-A-Client
info from the TS2Ki workshop. BTW, the price tag is $49 not $99 if you ask,
and unlimited free repeats so far.  Anyway, it sure beats about 20 sessions
of 30 min hold and 2hrs of tech support, yeah, sometimes from a hamburg
flipper.

I got there thru a callback from "Maday (Mayday?) 1-888-630-9393.  Then took
a couple days for the initial tech callback.  Hour later we set a F/U date &
time, but FWI its better than cursing, and lets me get some work done.  This
is the returns department; tell her you want "save a client" call back.
Good Luck (maybe someday good trading!)
NHBob