Re: A quotation related to the Florida thread

I'd say it's exactly because Americans are guaranteed the freedom to
own and carry arms that ensures our continued right to all the
freedoms we take for granted. A "potentially" armed populous is part
of the check and balance system that our forefathers recognized as a
requirement based on the lessons of history. The erosion of American
freedom is sustained by the erosion of rights people fail to keep.

Common sense dictates that those who can not be responsible gun
owners should not be allowed to have guns. It does not follow that
no one should be allowed to own a firearm as the anti-gun advocates
proclaim.

Sorry, but I think it's time to stop letting the infringement of
rights and morals go unchallenged!