Re: Account statemnts showing good Aberration results

Mark Johnson wrote:

> >> SNIP <<
> However, our man Mark Brown whines and bellows
> (I, MARK BROWN, AM THE ONLY TRUSTWORTHY PERSON.
> OMEGA RESEARCH IS RUN BY LIARS.  FUTURES TRUTH
> IS FULL OF LIES.  CLUB 3000 IS FULL OF LIARS.
> ALL VENDORS EXCEPT MARK BROWN ARE LIARS.  THE
> OMEGA LIST IS FULL OF LIES.) about Club 3000.
> In his paranoia he feels that if a purported
> "fact" has not been personally investigated by
> Mark Brown himself and personally blessed with
> the Mark Brown Certificate of Validity, then it
> cannot possibly be true.  You see, Mark Brown
> is the only trustworthy person.
>
> So, since Club 3000 is full of liars [about 2500
> of them, according to recent subscriber count],
> Mark Brown feels that account statements sent
> to the editor of Club 3000 (or, yet more paranoid,
> *claimed* to have been sent to the editor) are
> invalid and unreliable.  After all, Mark Brown
> doesn't control Club 3000, and what he doesn't
> control must automatically be false.  And
> since the account equity curve shown above was
> published in Club 3000, *it* *is* *probably*
> *a* *big* *fat* *lie* as judged by Mark Brown.
>
> >> SNIP <<

> --
>    Mark Johnson     Silicon Valley, California     mark@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>    "... The world will little note, nor long remember, what we
>     say here..."   -Abraham Lincoln, "The Gettysburg Address"

First of all, kudo's for sharing this real life experience.  All too
often, claims of trading success are nothing but wishful thinking
reduced to writing, or smooth blandishments from the con man's fertile
imagination.

I don't see why anyone with half a brain would buy a canned system from
anyone, but        especially not someone who cannot demonstrate real,
live, put-your-butt-on-the-line trading. Anything less is too easy to
fabricate, as the R & W Technical Systems fellows demonstrated recently,
and others as well.  Most system sellers should be required to preface
their claims with "Once Upon a Time" anyway.  They are the ones who
couldn't stand the rigorous ethical scrutiny of used car sales, so they
found a computer and a CD with all the prices on it, swiped a copy of
TradeStation and played with it until they had a curve-fitted, over
optimized double moving stochastic cross-over garbage system, complete
with video, t-shirt and coffee mug, all set, selling them babies like
hotcakes for $2500 a pop to those suc...er, newbies so anxious to strike
it rich that they can't take the time or effort to understand how these
things really work.

Quite a few of us have had repeat experiences with system vendors which
tend to breed cynicism and mistrust.  It's easy for me to understand
where Mark Brown is coming from.

Nevertheless, I have learned a great deal from what Mark Johnson has
posted in the last few years.  Anyone who hasn't seen it should search
dejanews for his posts.  It's free and some of the best trading info
I've found anywhere.  This is exactly the kind of effort which those of
us less skilled in the seemingly arcane nuances of mathematics and
statistics ought to be encouraging.  As far as I know, he doesn't offer
a video, or a T-shirt and coffee mug <G> or anything else for sale.