Re: PS2k SP2 Update, Tick Counts and Rant

The way Ethernet works, AFAK, is that if a packet doesn't make it
thru because of congestion or whatever, the sender "backs off" a certain
time delay and resends.  The back-off time is increased again if there
is another failure.  Repeat as necessary.  (I don't have my IP book
handy).

Then again, it could be that the data is broadcast from the sender as
a "datagram", in which case the sender doesn't give a hoot whether it
is received or not ...   Best check with the data provider.

Cheers,
Rob Lake
rbl@xxxxxxxxxx