Re: Trending vs. Trading markets

I've tried quite a few "indicators" - and I've never found anything better than
drawing trend lines.  I use simple trend lines - regression channels - and
channel break lines.  If you've never worked with trend lines before - many TA
books will tell you how to draw them (I happen to like Trader Vic's Methods of
a Wall Street Master).  When the trend lines don't seem to go up or down - then
you're dealing with a security in a trading range - and I draw horizontal lines
on my charts to show the top and bottom of the range.  Since my systems are
trend following - I try to avoid doing anything when the security in question
is bouncing around in a trading range.  People who use other kinds of systems
can probably use these trading ranges to their advantage.  Robyn