Re: Serial port issues was SP2 tickcounts ...

Sorry, I just realized that I have to clarify what I wrote earlier
regarding

> Make sure that no other setting in serial\parameters\serial0 etc.
> override these above settings. Basically the rxfifo and txfifo
> settings should match your hardware.  But txfifo can be higher to
> release resources to rxfifo.

IF you do receive CRC overruns with these settings then this can
mean that the buffer could not hold all bytes until the computer
pulled them from the buffer. In this case you have to decrease again
the rxfifo setting so the buffer is emptied before more bytes cause
overruns of the buffer.

Basically you want to achieve a balance of the load of the machine
which is caused be frequent polling of the IRQ and the maximum bytes
the buffer can hold before it spills over.

Gerrit