Re: PS2k SP2 Update, Tick Counts and Rant

True, My cable modem connects via a 10-Mbit Ethernet NIC -- The cable
company's ISP transmits at less than the full 10-Mbit capacity of the NIC--
so that is where a bottleneck might occur, if any.  From what I've been able
to determine, the speed appears to be up to about 40 times faster than my
56K modem-- this is based on seriously reduced download times for large files.

I've been using Cable/Ethernet with Quote.com's Q-Feed/Q-Charts for a couple
of months and find it super-fast and much better than the BMI broadcast feed
that I had before.  But I'm not obsessed with receiving every tick-- only
with having adequate data that allows me to trade and make money.  For this
purpose, it is more than sufficient-- but I can't give any technical specs
as to how it compares to other methods of receiving data.