From: Gerrit Jacobsen <jrt@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Jim Johnson <jejohn@xxxxxxxxx>; omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
<omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Saturday, May 22, 1999 9:56 AM
Subject: Re: PS2k SP2 Update, Tick Counts and Rant

Jim,

> 1. Will cable modems represent an improvement and elimate the need for
> me to get a high speed port?

Depends, if this an external modem it will make your need for
high speed port even more urgent since the data has to get somehow
into your computer. If it is an internal modem you don't need any
port at all.

> 2. What does a high speed port offer beyond my USR 56K VoiceWin modem?

That you don't lose your data. The basic issue is that your
operating system cannot poll the data as fast as necessary
from the port. This is why the port must be able to store as much
data as possible.

> 3. I've run TRACERT but don't know what to do with the info.  What can
> you do about it if your route to the data provider's server is going
> through Bangladesh several times?

You can lease a dedicated line or get some decent satellite service.

> 4.  What is the "Code List" and how does one join?

This is a marketing tool from Mr. Brown where users get abused for
free by Mr. Brown in the following fashion:

> thanks a bunch for your long ass post, it was certainly a total
> frickin waste of my time to respond to such bull crap.  but given
> you may be gone soon, i wanted to spend some time with you before
> you and the people you are trolling for blow out - mr. sentinel
> trading ! mb

See: www.markbrown.com if you don't believe it.

Gerrit Jacobsen