What standings??

On Mon, 8 Mar 1999, Howard Jackson wrote:

> Last week after someone from omega wrote to the list, someone replied
> saying that he must be brave as their are many angry customers out
> there...

I was the one you were referring to - I commended someone from Omega for
replying to the list.  She has since stopped, and perhaps has even been
reprimanded for posting to the list.  My view is that posts from Omega
folks would be helpful in clearing up rumors, and adding factual info to
the list.

> So I think while the list has some good to it, it is still mainly the
> voices of a small vocal minority, don't be fooled...

The 'minority' may not be as small as you think - it may even be a 'silent
majority'.

IMHO, If you want a better picture of the majority view, see how many
folks write *favorable* posts, and how many have some gripe with Omega.
Counting individual views would be *much* better than simply counting
posts.

For example, I'm now a semi-retired Omega basher <grin>.  I used to bash
them a lot more, but one gets tired of it after a while, particularly when
there is no change in Omega's behavior, year after year after year. I used
to send them suggestions, and even did some beta testing.  I gave it up
when it became apparent that it was a waste of my time. I post when I can
help someone, and occasionally when I can add another view to an issue
being discussed.

I appreciate the posts of our prolific writers - I believe they add a lot
to the list.  Some of their posts, although negative, have alerted me to
major problems with software, have helped cut through the excessive Omega
hype, and have suggested solutions that even Omega did not mention.  Don't
knock them - thank them...

Larry