Removing 'Stale' Symbols from the 4.0 Data Server Portfolio

  • To: "Omega-List" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Removing 'Stale' Symbols from the 4.0 Data Server Portfolio
  • From: "Bob Scott" <rlscott@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 22:32:42 -0500 (EST)

Do you have the auto add feature turned on in your Omega Research 4.0 Data
Server with a BMI datafeed and the number of Symbols in the portfolio just
keeps growing?  How many are there?  30,000, 35,000?  If so, probably as
many as 10,000 or more of these symbols are no longer used and they are only
slowing down your system.  I have written a program which will remove
'stale' symbols from the portfolio but it has only been tested on my system
and I only collect data on stocks.  I am looking for a few individuals to
beta test this program before releasing it as freeware into the 4.0 Data
Server support system.  If anyone is interested, please e-mail me for
particulars.

Thank you,  Bob Scott
 rlscott@xxxxxxxx