RE: Speculators running for cover

> Right. It's called throwing good money after bad. Why should the US
> government (read why should *I* as a US citizen) give money to the
> Russian government when most of it will be wasted and very little will
> be used to improve their economy?

There is only one good reason that we pay and will continue to pay. They
have thousands of nuclear warheads and over 2000 tons of weapons grade
plutonium. That's right tons not pounds and it take only about 10 pounds to
make a bomb.

One nuclear bomb exploded in a major city would produce more burn victims
than there are hospital beds in the US. It may help if you think of the
payments as sort of negative "peace dividend" instead of extortion that it
is.

Jim