Re: Omega Research - Response to the Year 2000 Issue

Michael Harris wrote:

> TO: Randy Barlow
>
> Not being an Afro-American, I am unfamiliar with the term "Afro-American
> rigging."  If it is a racist expression, I would greatly appreciate your
> keeping such language to yourself.
>
> If it is not, please accept my apology and define it for me and anyone
> else not familiar with the expression.
Mike,
While the wording may have been in bad taste, it is not meant to be
racial.  It is, for us old timers, just a way of saying:  Fixing
something with a temporary means (i.e. tape, wire, etc), which will
still require the correct fix in the future,  instead of fixing it
correctly and permantly now.
                                          Randy