The end of open out cry?

  • To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: The end of open out cry?
  • From: IdontgetNkkkkkkkkk
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 03:40:55 -0700

Well everyone consider this! When you currently place your order, the only
people who know what your doing is your floor executing broker and maybe a few
guys around him (besides the phone clerks and your personal broker). If we
start full computer trading, your order is open for everyone to see as it is
currently with GLOBEX trading. If you're a trader that cancels and replaces
often, you stand a good chance that your order will NOT be cancelled in time.
Even though I hate the floor brokers even after I was one, I would still vote
to keep the open out cry system in place.

Morris