Re: The end of open out cry?

AFAIK, =anyone= will be able to get a Globex terminal
=provided= they obtain an ETH permit, sign the agreement,
pay the monthly fees for the terminal, and get a firm to
clear their trades. BTW,  clearing firms can set the limits
you mentioned =now=.

In the future, I'm sure some FCMs will provide their
customers with terminals.......hey, less work for them!! The
point I was making, however, is that none of this is going
to be =free= unless you're doing an ungodly amount of
volume. In that case, the FCM will eat the cost of the
terminal because you'll be generating an ungodly amount of
revenue for them =and= the exchange (again, not exactly
=free=).

The foregoing assumes that things remain relatively
unchanged with respect to the products traded on the system.
If major products like the ED and SP go totally electronic,
I would expect fees to increase substantially. Further, that
might be the death knell for ETH permits.

Best regards,
Jim