Re: The end of open out cry?

James:

Well, one project that I know of will actually allow you to have a terminal at
your home or office that literally is an altered Globex II terminal--Altered in
the sense that it has internal limits set by your FCM that only allow you to
trade XX amounts of contracts and have XX open positions. When they are certain
this technology is secure enough for them, they do expect to offer it to some of
their accounts. This would be the electronic equivalent standing on the floor
and trading. And no, to this point there has been no consideration of making
people become limited members. These products are being developed because the
clearing firms know the day will come when they are looking down the barrel at
each other and at that point, thay had better be ready with good systems...or
they'll lose their quality customers.

Tim Morge