Re: The end of open out cry?

IdontgetNo@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Well everyone consider this! When you currently place your order, the only
> people who know what your doing is your floor executing broker and maybe a few
> guys around him (besides the phone clerks and your personal broker). If we
> start full computer trading, your order is open for everyone to see as it is
> currently with GLOBEX trading.

That's exactly what you want though.  If you want a fill at the inside bid or ask,
I just click on it.  If you want to go inside the spread, you want the whole world
to know about it, in big neon letters <g>.  You don't use stops, since they are
not needed anymore - if and when the time arises when you need you exit - bam -
you're out.

> If you're a trader that cancels and replaces
> often, you stand a good chance that your order will NOT be cancelled in time.

You can do C/R's instantly with a properly working electronic system.  The old way
- well...  Which do you think is faster?