Re: Uncle Bob Responds

>If SuperCharts 4.0 would do the trick - that's exactly what I'd do.  But SC 4.0
>doesn't have the EL programming capability I need to run my systems.  If I
>upgrade - I'd have to upgrade to TradeStation to get the same functionality
I >have now. Note that I spent about 3 years developing the systems I use to
>handle both my investments and my trading.  And the systems work reasonably
>well.  I'm not ready to throw them in the trash.
>   snip
>
>FWIW - I'm not the only SC 2.1 user in this position.  Robyn

You're sure not. I bought SC 2.1 right after it came out, and amazingly, it
is one of the few programs I have never been able to crash--ever. And I have
heaped every imaginable abuse on it. Compact, efficient, and bulletproof.
That's my kind of program. It makes me shudder to read the many tales of
problems with TS I read on this list. If Omega had chosen to upgrade SC 2.1
by removing the embedded code in the editor indicator window, there probably
wouldn't be any other EOD programs available right now. Every EOD trader in
America would be using Supercharts. It surely would have canabalized a few
TS sales, but TS would still be the premier real time program for those that
require that. Instead, Omega chose to dumb it down. I bought SC4 but found
it bigger, more complicated, and virtually useless for my purposes since it
doesn't read the old EL format, making several years of work useless, unless
I pay somebody to convert my systems. And to me, strings are still something
I tie my shoes with, although they are obviously important to some for other
reasons. So SC4 was relegated to the dustbin.

Unless Omega within the next two years comes out with something like SC with
a decent editor or TS EOD without the pork, there is going to be one less
stock trader around. I retired from electrical engineering 15 years ago and
have been trading stocks ever since. But it may be getting close to the time
to go to the lake --for good.

David