Pierre Orphelin

Someone wrote:

> To make a long story short, Pierre, I have been cruising
> your SirTrade Site, thinking of asking your help in building
> a system, but when I learn you do not invest or trade, I think
> I would be better off giving my time and money to someone who
> is active in trading. It's only logical to assume, if the system
> really works, the author would trade it. Somehow your reasons
> for not trading seem to be mostly fantasy.

There have been other comments about the fact that Pierre Orphelin doesn't
trade.  It is true he isn't currently trading.  However, I spent the better
part of two days visiting with Pierre personally.  I can tell you he is an
experienced trader who has a much better than average understanding of
trading methods.  He has a strong background in math and physics.  He
understands technical problems associated with popular trading indicators
and trading methods that few traders understand.

Pierre found the stress of trading difficult to deal with.  He decided to
use his knowledge of trading to develop trading tools, rather than to trade
himself.  He has licensed some of those tools to large institutional traders
in France, as well as to private traders.

Successful trading requires the ability to deal with psychological stress,
as well as trading knowledge.  Some people have little problem with the
psychological aspect.  Others find it troublesome.  Pierre decided, at least
for the present, that life would be more pleasant helping others trade
profitably than doing it himself.

It would be a mistake underestimate his trading knowledge or experience.
The true meaning of his comments sometimes gets masked by French, rather
than English, ways of expressing things, and sometimes by the use of words
that have different meanings or connotations in French and English.  Pierre
has a lot more to offer the group than many may realize.

He didn't pay me to say these things or even know I was going to.  (Although
, he did give me a bottle of good French wine!)

  -Bob Brickey
   Scientific Approaches
   sci@xxxxxxxxxx