RES: [Metastockusers] Function

color=navy face=Arial>

face="Times New Roman"> <font
color=navy>Hello,<span
lang=EN-US >

face="Times New Roman"> <font
color=navy>

face="Times New Roman">Excuse my lack of experience, but I didn't find any
function in the metastock, that makes to do exit (close long) "x"
days after me to have entered in the transaction (enter long). I tried
Barssince ("logical") =5, in that the variable "logical" was
the expression used for "enter long", and the number 5, the period
that wanted to leave, meantime didn't work, this leaves in different periods
every time. below they follow the formulas:  <span lang=EN-US

face="Times New Roman">   <font
color=navy>

face="Times New Roman">Enter long:

face="Times New Roman">  <font
color=navy>

face="Times New Roman">HHVBars(C,20)<7 AND L <LLV(C, 5)<span
lang=EN-US >

face="Times New Roman">  <font
color=navy>

face="Times New Roman">Close long:

face="Times New Roman">  <font
color=navy>

face="Times New Roman">BarsSince(HHVBars(C,20)<7 AND L <LLV(C, 6))
=5  <span
lang=EN-US >

face="Times New Roman"> <font
color=navy>

face="Times New Roman">  <font
color=navy>

face="Times New Roman">In the tradestation, it worked (i try) like this:<span
lang=EN-US >

face="Times New Roman">  <font
color=navy>

face="Times New Roman">Input: Xdays (14);  <span lang=EN-US

face="Times New Roman">If Highest Bar(High,20)[1] <7 and Low
<Lowest  <font
color=navy>

face="Times New Roman">(Low,5)[l] then buy tomorrow on the open:<span
lang=EN-US >

face="Times New Roman">If BarsSinceEntry - Xdays then exitlong attn the
close:  <font
color=navy>

face="Times New Roman">  <font
color=navy>

face="Times New Roman">Notice that in the tradestation the function exists
"BarsSinceEntry" and in Metastock, i didn't find similar.<span
lang=EN-US >

face="Times New Roman">  <font
color=black>

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor